Media Accreditation Form
Media accreditation is strictly reserved for members of the press – print, photo, radio, TV, film, news agencies and online media – who represent a bona fide media organization. Accreditation will be granted upon presentation of valid press credentials including:
- Completed accreditation form
- Letter of assignment on official letterhead of a media organization signed by the Publisher/Assignment Editor, Editor-in-chief or Bureau Chief, specifying the name and functional title of the journalist. Unsigned letters or e-mails will not be accepted.
- Photocopy of a valid press card/work pass
- Photocopy of passport/national ID card
Independent broadcast or film production companies are required to provide a letter from a broadcast organization or film distributor which has committed to air or distribute the work or from the UN partner organization that supports the production.
Print media representatives may be required to submit two bylined articles within the past four months and a copy of the publication.
Radio and TV media representatives may be asked to submit two recordings of reports within the past four months.
Photographers are required to submit original tear sheets or photos with credits of the issuing organization.
Online media must meet the following requirements, in addition to those above:
- The web publication must belong to a registered company, such as a media organization, and have a specific, verifiable non-web address and a telephone number.
- The online journal requesting accreditation for its correspondent must have a substantial amount of original news content or commentary or analysis on entertainment.
- If the web site is new, the applicant seeking accreditation must provide the latest data on the site’s visitors or other relevant material (press citations, etc.) about the outlet’s audience. The applicant must have an established record of having written extensively on entertainment issues and must present copies of three recently published articles with his/her byline.
Freelance Journalists: Freelance journalists, including photographers, must provide clear evidence they are on assignment from a specific news organization or publication. A valid assignment letter from that news organization, or publication, is required.
Double Accreditation: It should be noted that no double accreditation is allowed (e.g. as press and vendor, or as press and artiste).